Sourcecode availability?

Frequently Asked Questions

Sourcecode availability?

Post by Guest »

Rel is supposedly available under the GPL, but the only downloadable content
on SourceForge is the (bytecode only) installer, and no code relating to Rel is hosted in CVS either.

What's going on?
Dave
Site Admin

Source code availability

Post by Dave »

Once you've installed Rel using the installer, you will see a Src folder in your Rel installation directory. The Src folder contains a .zip file of the Rel source code. You'll need the javacc parser generator if you wish to change the grammar, but that, the .zip file, and a Java compiler will allow you to build Rel from source.

For various reasons, I haven't been using Sourceforge's CVS for source management, but as noted above, the source is provided in the distribution.

Dave...
mrankin

Re: Sourcecode availability?

Post by mrankin »

How about a subversion host like Google Code? Maybe this has already been set up somewhere?
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Sourcecode availability?

Post by Dave »

mrankin wrote:How about a subversion host like Google Code? Maybe this has already been set up somewhere?
I'm currently running an SVN repository on one of my Internet-accessible servers, which I open up to developers on an as-needed basis. I am considering using a public repository but in the past have been less than impressed with their reliability and availability.