Rev query problems

This forum is to report technical problems with Rel.
steved

Rev query problems

Post by steved »

I am running a windows 10 professional system.
Attached is a small txt script that will install 2 rev queries. It also contains several types and 2 operators
used in the queries. The install script requires that rev already be installed in the database.The rev queries
are taken from a backup script so they will eliminate any rev queries already in the database. I successfully
loaded the script from the command-line and executed it.
There are 2 rev queries, "12/9/17 10:30PM. Query9/JUDY9" and "QUERY10 IN Rev FOR SPLITTING STRINGS.".
Query "12/9/17 10:30PM. Query9/JUDY9" loads and executes without any problems but does have a minor
problem I'll return to. The major problems are with query "QUERY10 IN Rev FOR SPLITTING STRINGS.". When
attempting to load this query, using either Show or Design, the following 9 error messages are displayed
in this sequence:
1) ERROR: RS0056: 'null' has not be defined.
Line 1, column 3 near 'null'.
2) ERROR: RS0056: 'null' has not be defined.
3) ERROR: RS0056: 'null' has not be defined.
Line 1, column 22 near 'null'.
4) ERROR: RS0056: 'null' has not be defined.
5) ERROR: RS0056: 'null' has not be defined.
6) ERROR: RS0056: 'null' has not be defined.
Line 1, column 4 near 'null'.
7) ERROR: RS0056: 'null' has not be defined.
8 ERROR: RS0056: 'null' has not be defined.
Line 1, column 4 near 'null'.
9) ERROR: RS0056: 'null' has not be defined.

After clicking Ok after each error and finally clicking Ok on the last error the query will finally open!
It will also execute and as far as I can tell return the correct result.
There is another problem with this query. Perhaps more than half-way down there is a Project operator
that while connected is not operational. It shows a yellowish outline for Project instead of the standard
light purple-ish color shown for all operational operators (at least on my system). The Project
involves the following attributes: {ID,INPUT.STR,WRAPattr,str, SPLIT#, KEY.}. It follows an
UNGROUP UNION.U.GRPS. If the Project is disconnected and then connected it becomes
operational. But if the query is closed and then reopened the same null errors repeat and the
Project is again not operational (I believe the rev translation to code is correct for the Project
whether it is operational or not). This query contains disconnected Expressions with WRITELN
statements that serve as comments but I don't believe they have anything to do the error(s).

There is a minor problem with the character "&" (there may be the same problem with other character(s)
I haven't tested). In query "12/9/17 10:30PM. Query9/JUDY9" if you click on the very 1st Expression or
click on its "?" and copy it to the command-line it looks like this:
REL{ TUP{ID 2,INPUT.STR "A,A,C,C,D&10&10$20@30@40@30&A&C"},TUP{ID 3,INPUT.STR "R,S,R,T&50&60#70#80"}}
where you can see the "&"s. You can also see them when editing the expression. But if look at the rev Expression for the relation the "&"s are just missing and there's nothing to see as taking their place.

Hopefully these problems can be fixed. I'd like to show that rev can be used for non trivial querys.

Seasons Greetings and thanks so much for Rel,
Attachments
rev.QUERY.PROBLEM.txt
(58.7 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
steved

Re: Rev query problems

Post by steved »

Forgot to mention using Rel v.3.010.
While working on the above problem query I received the following error in the log.
I have no idea if it's related to the "null" errors I'm also getting.

RCP log: Status ERROR: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench code=0 Internal Error org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles in org.eclipse.core.runtime
org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4559)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4448)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4419)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:482)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.createHandle(Control.java:718)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.createHandle(Composite.java:292)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.createHandle(Decorations.java:430)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.createHandle(Shell.java:593)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.createWidget(Control.java:758)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Scrollable.createWidget(Scrollable.java:151)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.createWidget(Decorations.java:439)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.<init>(Shell.java:300)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.<init>(Shell.java:379)
at org.reldb.dbrowser.ui.feedback.CrashDialog.createContents(CrashDialog.java:61)
at org.reldb.dbrowser.ui.feedback.FeedbackDialog.<init>(FeedbackDialog.java:41)
at org.reldb.dbrowser.ui.feedback.CrashDialog.<init>(CrashDialog.java:32)
at org.reldb.dbrowser.ui.feedback.CrashDialog.lambda$0(CrashDialog.java:44)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:233)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4889)
at org.reldb.dbrowser.ui.feedback.CrashDialog.launch(CrashDialog.java:43)
at org.reldb.dbrowser.ui.crash.CrashTrap.process(CrashTrap.java:25)
at org.reldb.dbrowser.ui.MainPanel.lambda$3(MainPanel.java:50)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.RuntimeLog.logToListeners(RuntimeLog.java:161)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformLogWriter.logged(PlatformLogWriter.java:103)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.log.ExtendedLogReaderServiceFactory.safeLogged(ExtendedLogReaderServiceFactory.java:88)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.log.ExtendedLogReaderServiceFactory.logPrivileged(ExtendedLogReaderServiceFactory.java:217)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.log.ExtendedLogReaderServiceFactory.log(ExtendedLogReaderServiceFactory.java:189)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.log.ExtendedLogServiceFactory.log(ExtendedLogServiceFactory.java:65)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.log.ExtendedLogServiceImpl.log(ExtendedLogServiceImpl.java:87)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.log.LoggerImpl.log(LoggerImpl.java:54)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.log.EquinoxLogFactory$1.log(EquinoxLogFactory.java:52)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.WorkbenchLogger.log(WorkbenchLogger.java:126)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.WorkbenchLogger.error(WorkbenchLogger.java:61)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.WorkbenchStatusReporter.log(WorkbenchStatusReporter.java:69)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.WorkbenchStatusReporter.report(WorkbenchStatusReporter.java:59)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.services.statusreporter.StatusReporter.show(StatusReporter.java:132)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5$1.eventLoopException(PartRenderingEngine.java:1125)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.handle(PartRenderingEngine.java:1172)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1162)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1039)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:162)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

steved wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:34 am I am running a windows 10 professional system.
Attached is a small txt script that will install 2 rev queries. ... The major problems are with query "QUERY10 IN Rev FOR SPLITTING STRINGS.". When
attempting to load this query, using either Show or Design, the following 9 error messages are displayed
in this sequence:
1) ERROR: RS0056: 'null' has not been defined.
... Perhaps more than half-way down there is a Project operator
that while connected is not operational. It shows a yellowish outline for Project instead of the standard
light purple-ish color shown for all operational operators (at least on my system). ...
There is a minor problem with the character "&" (there may be the same problem with other character(s)
I haven't tested). In query "12/9/17 10:30PM. Query9/JUDY9" if you click on the very 1st Expression or
click on its "?" and copy it to the command-line it looks like this:
REL{ TUP{ID 2,INPUT.STR "A,A,C,C,D&10&10$20@30@40@30&A&C"},TUP{ID 3,INPUT.STR "R,S,R,T&50&60#70#80"}}
where you can see the "&"s. You can also see them when editing the expression. But if look at the rev Expression for the relation the "&"s are just missing and there's nothing to see as taking their place.
The first two problems noted above -- the 9 error messages, and the yellow outline on the Project -- indicate a Rev query that is incomplete or damaged. Either there is some sequence of edits that causes this -- which I haven't yet been able to replicate -- or the sys.rev.* relvars that contain the query data have been manually edited, or both. Try disconnecting the link from the yellowish Project (use right-click), then reconnect it, and see if that fixes it.

The & character is being treated as an escape code -- if you enter &&, one & shows up! -- though I haven't yet determined why. I'll fix it for the next update.
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

steved wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:50 am Forgot to mention using Rel v.3.010.
While working on the above problem query I received the following error in the log.
I have no idea if it's related to the "null" errors I'm also getting.

RCP log: Status ERROR: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench code=0 Internal Error org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles in org.eclipse.core.runtime
org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4559)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4448)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4419)
I haven't been able to replicate this error.
steved

Post by steved »

Former query "QUERY10 IN Rev FOR SPLITTING STRINGS." that had problems is
now query "12.31.17 NEW QUERY10 FOR SPLITTING". After making several changes
the new query loads and executes with no problems. All is well in rev!
Attachments
rev.QUERYS.WORKING.txt
(21.12 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

Excellent. :-)