This forum is to report technical problems with Rel.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
When I create a new v1.0.10 database from the attached backup, various things I attempt to do bring about a loop, reflected by endless repetitions of mysterious messages in the DBrowser Monitor window, as shown in the attachment, loop.d. The third attachment, DefBaseRelvars.d, is one of the scripts that causes the loop. Pressing backup also brings it about.
- This is an example of something that brought about the loop. Pressing the backup button also brought about the loop.
- (107 Bytes) Downloaded 369 times
- This is what was saved when I pressed Save in the DBrowser Monitor window.
- (89.82 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
- This backup was taken back in September 2010, but I've replaced the operator definitions taken from OperatorsChar.d by those provided with v1.0.10.
- (16.73 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
I'll test this thoroughly, but as a quick answer I suspect the following operator definitions from your backup are at the root of it:
Could you try creating a new database and load a backup with the above two OPERATOR definitions omitted, and let me know if there are any problems?
Code: Select all
ANNOUNCE 'operator OP_EQUALS'; OPERATOR OP_EQUALS(P# PNO, PC CHARACTER) RETURNS BOOLEAN; RETURN THE_c ( P# ) = PC ; END OPERATOR ; ANNOUNCE 'operator OP_EQUALS'; OPERATOR OP_EQUALS(S# SNO, SC CHARACTER) RETURNS BOOLEAN; RETURN THE_c ( S# ) = SC ; END OPERATOR ;