Scroll bar disappears in Rel mode

Forum for discussing DBrowser, the interactive front-end for Rel.
HughDarwen

Scroll bar disappears in Rel mode

Post by HughDarwen »

In "Rel" mode, to keep the scroll bar available I have to keep the window very wide, usually with a large amount of unused space, occupying most of my screen. This is annoying when I need to look at that window at the same time as other windows.

The same problem does not arise in command mode.

Hugh
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Scroll bar disappears in Rel mode

Post by Dave »

Do you mean the scroll bar in the single Database tab on the left displaying the tree of relvars, operators, types, etc.?

Or do you mean the contents in the tabs on the right?

Or both?
HughDarwen

Post by HughDarwen »

The one on the right.

Hugh
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

I've been able to duplicate this by selecting "Preferences | Command-line | Use an alternative output display ..."

I presume you're using the alternative output display?

I've made a note in my To Do list to fix this.

As a short-term (though somewhat inconvenient) workaround, I've found I can make the scrollbars appear by slightly resizing the window.
HughDarwen

Post by HughDarwen »

Actually I don't have that setting. And now I notice that the problem arises only when I use Edit, and it stays in effect when I cease editing and just use Show.
Hugh
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

I've experimented with this, and what happens on my Windows system (at least, the one I tested -- I'll try others later) is that the scroll bar appears when the relvar contents are displayed as it is by default, is still there when the relvar is edited (via 'Edit'), and when I select 'Show' to display again the scrollbar reappears but it comes back as half the width it was before.
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

I've found a problem with resizing the Rel window when in "Rel" mode and using "Edit" to edit relvar contents. Whilst I haven't been able to precisely replicate the scrollbars disappearing, I suspect that problem and the resizing problem are related.

I'm working on fixing it.
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

I have fixed it.

The fix will be in the forthcoming update.