chosen font not activated at startup

Forum for discussing DBrowser, the interactive front-end for Rel.
HughDarwen

chosen font not activated at startup

Post by HughDarwen »

I change the point size to 24 for lecture-room demos, but next time I start up Dbrowser I have to do Tools/Options/Save to get the selected font to show in the lower pane (even though the menu does show the point size to have been remembered).

I note that changing the font doesn't affect the enhanced display in the upper pane. No doubt there's a good reason for that.

Hugh
Dave
Site Admin

Re: chosen font not activated at startup

Post by Dave »

HughDarwen wrote:I change the point size to 24 for lecture-room demos, but next time I start up Dbrowser I have to do Tools/Options/Save to get the selected font to show in the lower pane (even though the menu does show the point size to have been remembered).
I'll fix this in the next update.
HughDarwen wrote:I note that changing the font doesn't affect the enhanced display in the upper pane. No doubt there's a good reason for that.
Yes, the enhanced output uses an entirely different mechanism from the non-enhanced output and other displays. It's essentially an embedded Web browser that is part of the Java platform libraries. When I first implemented enhanced output, I configured the font size to be changeable, but it had some unpleasant side effects on the formatting. However, I'm going to try an another approach that will hopefully work.