Graphics and Web design wanted

Forum for discussing development of the Rel Web site and other creative content.
Dave
Site Admin

Graphics and Web design wanted

Post by Dave »

The Rel Web site, as it stands, is rather drab. In fact, so is the user interface to Rel. Both Web design and web graphics, and software graphics, are needed. Interested in helping with this? Please post under this topic.
luxspes

Re: Graphics and Web design wanted

Post by luxspes »

Hi!
I guess Graphics and Web design are no longer an issue, since everything looks much better now (congratulations on the new Graphics and Web design )
Regards,
LuxSpes
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

Yup, I'm happier with the Web site now, but it can still be improved. Before too long, I'll be putting it under a content management system of my own creation, which will simplify adding (for example) manual pages which support commentary, etc.
luxspes

Post by luxspes »

Hi!
A custom CMS would be nice, but a custom CMS running over Rel would be best (nothing like eating your own dogfood to create a great project) do you have plans on doing something like that? (I think the problematic part could be hosting, PHP hosting is generally easier to obtain than JSP/JSF hosting)
Regards,
LuxSpes
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

Yes, my intention is to eventually run the CMS (currently written in PHP) using a Rel DBMS. Hosting isn't a problem, as I colocate my own servers and have just become a partner in a hosting company.