Fatal error getTupleforKey

This forum is to report technical problems with Rel.
Chris Walton

Fatal error getTupleforKey

Post by Chris Walton »

I have just generated the above error on one of my scripts, but the bug reporting mechanism does not send the bug - the progress bar goes the full extent to done, then an error box comes up saying it could not be sent. I attach the following:
Error message stack
Original script
This one is a peculiar one - I have been using the script for some time, and have only recently started generating this error but am unaware of any change that would have caused an error.
Attachments
script.txt
(15.92 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
Error reporting.txt
(93.93 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Fatal error getTupleforKey

Post by Dave »

That is a peculiar one. I've not known the bug reporting mechanism to fail before, and there isn't much to fail in it that wouldn't result in a more informative error message. Unless, possibly, it ran out of heap, stack space, or some similar low-level resource. The "Error reporting.txt" log suggests it had been looping for a while, so that could have used up RAM or stack.

Did the crash occur when you tried to run script.txt on a new database, on a database that was already populated, or had script.txt run successfully and then you tried to subsequently execute a query?

If it's the latter, do you recall what the query was?
Chris Walton

Post by Chris Walton »

Error occurred when populating new database; and when partially populating database - doing all the steps up to, but not including the population of the BDT_predicate, and then doing that step caused the problem. There was no evidence of looping - the log I sent you was the complete log. I cannot speak for the reporting problem - when I first tried to report it, I could not do so because I was having comms problems rather than anything to do with Rel. At the same time when I did report it, I had been trying to send the message several times.
Chris Walton

Post by Chris Walton »

Attached is all the information that appeared in the reporting window when I repeated the error. This is the info regarding the original error not the reporting one.
Attachments
Rel error.txt
(103.1 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

Thanks - I'll see if I can duplicate it.
Chris Walton

Post by Chris Walton »

I have resolved this issue, though I cannot reliably replicate it. The problem was caused by multiple errors. I had put a capital S in place of a lower case one, in an identifier that was case sensitive: the text contained "...." inside the defining quotes: and (probably) the stack had been corrupted by previous errors and difficulties.