edit functions greyed out mysteriously

This forum is to report technical problems with Rel.
HughDarwen

edit functions greyed out mysteriously

Post by HughDarwen »

This might be another Windows 10 problem you can't reproduce.

Sometimes when I want use copy-and-paste, e.g., from query results, command lines, or view definitions in the Rel interface, all the edit functions are greyed out. Sometimes they seem to magically reappear available when I've done nothing I'm aware of to cause that to happen.

If I knew something about the genuine circumstances that are supposed to grey out the edit functions, I might be able to investigate further.

I believe this problem arrived with V3.010.

Hugh
Dave
Site Admin

Re: edit functions greyed out mysteriously

Post by Dave »

Version 3.010 introduced menu equivalents for toolbar items, so it's likely that some interaction between the two causes this.

Note that the Edit menu options only appear when the command-line -- with its toolbar edit options -- is active.

Currently, only the command-line panel activates the Edit menu options, even though Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, etc., should still be available in any text box. This will be addressed in a future update, so that every text box will activate the relevant menu options.
HughDarwen

Post by HughDarwen »

Thanks, Dave.

I've since found that when the edit functions are greyed out in command mode, if I go back to Rel mode and close all listings, then return to command mode, the edit functions reappear. But even then they don't always work when I choose copy on a selection in the output pane.

Hugh
Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave »

This is helpful -- it should allow me to track down what's causing it.