This version of Rel fixes some bugs and provides
First, the fixes:
- In some cases, an expression that used the result
of one WHERE operator as input to another WHERE
operator would generate bogus results or throw
an exception. This has been corrected.
- JOINing relations with relation-valued attributes
could cause an exception. This has been corrected.
- If a database update resulted in a database constraint
violation, it would display bogus tuple update notices
and/or carry erroneous tuple update counts to subsequent
updates. This has been corrected.
The following enhancements have been made:
- When using DBrowser in un-enhanced mode, literal
CHARACTER values are now output with delimiters.
This is done to be consistent with the view that
un-enhanced output can be fed to the input and
- A character LENGTH operator has been added to
the OperatorsChar.d script.
- When using DBrowser in enhanced mode, literal
CHARACTER values are displayed without delimiters.
- Error messages have been made more readable.
Extraneous token names have been removed and
un-terminated character strings no longer
generate an error message with confusing
internal debugging information.
For more information, or to download Rel, see
This forum contains announcements about Rel.
1 post • Page 1 of 1