Wishlist - character translation in DBrowser

Forum for discussing DBrowser, the interactive front-end for Rel.
Chris Walton

Wishlist - character translation in DBrowser

Post by Chris Walton »

Is it possible to introduce a little translation into DBrowser? This need only translate \n\t to <LF><TAB> as appropriate. This would mean I could enter:

INSERT Type_predicate RELATION { TUPLE {
name identifier ("base_data_type"),
predicate text ( "Base data type (BDT)s are defined as part of the method.

BDT is the supertype for the defined type system. A data item of a particular type must not be used in a context where a different type is expected. To do so is considered to be a compile time error. A type defines the range of values permitted, and the operations permitted on that range." ) } } ;

rather than:

INSERT Type_predicate RELATION { TUPLE { name identifier ("base_data_type"), predicate text ( "Base data type (BDT)s are defined as part of the method.\n\n\tBDT is the supertype for the defined type system. A data item of a particular type must not be used in a context where a different type is expected. To do so is considered to be a compile time error. A type defines the range of values permitted, and the operations permitted on that range." ) } } ;

While I see this as a very minor change, it would have a substantial effect on the ease of use of the browser, as far as I am concerned.
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Wishlist - character translation in DBrowser

Post by Dave »

Good idea. I've put it on my "to do" list.