This is a minor maintenance release of Rel, an implementation of Date & Darwen’s Tutorial D database language. It makes some improvements to the Rel user interface, adds some system relvars, and fixes two bugs.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once opened with this or later versions of Rel, databases cannot be read by earlier versions.
The following enhancements have been made:
– The Rel user interface’s REAL relvar design view has been aesthetically improved — the command-line display can be hidden or revealed by clicking a button.
– The Rel user interface’s REAL relvar design view now prompts the user if an attempt is made to close a tab without first applying pending changes.
– The Rel user interface now provides user-friendly support for creating external relvars via dialog boxes.
– The Rel DBMS provides a sys.ExternalRelvarTypes relvar that documents the available external relvar types.
– The Rel DBMS provides a sys.Keywords relvar that lists all keywords in the Rel / Tutorial D language grammar.
The following bugs have been fixed:
– Case #135: Rel UI: Special characters now work correctly under Windows.
– Case #136: Rel UI: The command-line entry panel is now always in focus after executing code.
For more information or to download Rel, go to http://reldb.org