This release of Rel, an implementation of Date & Darwen’s Tutorial D database language, upgrades some dependencies, adds more detailed logging to the DBrowser startup, fixes some issues, and provides a Maven-based build for Rel developers.
The following enhancements have been made:
- Enhancement: Update to Java 19.
- Enhancement: Upgraded 3rd party libraries.
- Enhancement: Added more detailed startup diagnostic logging.
- Enhancement: Java build uses Maven. Ant and Eclipse not required.
The following issues have been addressed:
- Fix: A bogus preference key starting with \u0000 may have been inserted into the .rel preferences file. It is removed if present.
- Fix: Recently-used database list now limited to 25 databases, to prevent startup slowdown and possible resource limit issues.
- Fix: The DUP_COUNT option for external JDBC-based relvars has been fixed. Previously, it returned incorrect values.
For more information, or to download Rel, go to https://reldb.org